FM Phoenix office (32nd St & Broadway)
The purpose of this position is to motivate and support participants in the FM re-entry program by delivering formal training sessions in group settings that will address: gaining and sustaining employment, understanding and practicing positive parenting, fundamentals of financial education and basic life skills. Trainings will be held inside various correctional facilities and Father Matters offices.
Duties & Responsibilities
Abide by all guidelines set forth by the program and organization, including the ability to:
- Prepare and deliver training workshops to our re-entry clients that include: job readiness, parenting classes, financial literacy and life skills.
- Seeks out guest speakers on specific topics to support the growth and learning of participants.
- Provide one-on-one support to participants to address their questions or need for additional support in the areas of training content.
- Provide regular updates and complete reports needed by the Program Director.
- Support post-release clients by connecting on a regular basis to invite them to on-going trainings.
- Additional duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years’ experience providing trainings in a classroom setting. Working with re-entry population a plus.
- Must be able to pass a complete background check through the DOC badging process.
- Willing to work with the prison population
- Valid AZ driver’s license, auto insurance and have reliable transportation
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer literacy
Number of Hours Worked per week
18 hours Rate of Pay
$14.50 per hour