Pre-Release Case Manager
FM Phoenix office (32nd St & Broadway)
The purpose of this position is to motivate and support participants in their efforts to transition from incarceration into the community. This position provides highly complex case management work and involved regular reviewing and tracking case management activities. The case manager works with offenders to identify and address barriers and helps to create smart goals that will help with successful reintegration and self-sufficiency. Duties & Responsibilities
Abide by all guidelines set forth by the program and organization including:
- Assist with enrolling offenders into the program through information sessions at the Department of Correction facilities (Lewis, Florence, & Tucson).
- Administer risk/needs assessment.
- Assist in group mentoring sessions as needed.
- Create re-entry plan and provide referrals to community partners as needed.
- Provide regular updates and complete reports needed by the Program Manager.
- Contact post-release participants on a regular basis.
- Additional duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associates degree and at least 2 years’ experience in human services field, particularly direct experience working with individuals requiring employment and training or re-entry services.
- Experience with case management and goal planning.
- Must be able to pass complete background check.
- Willing to work with the prison population
- Valid AZ driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable transportation
- Proficient with computers and use of Word, Outlook and Excel
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Number of Hours Worked per week
18 hours Rate of Pay
$14.50 per hour