Mentor Coordinator I
FM Phoenix office (32nd St & Broadway)
The purpose of this position is to serve as an advisor and mentor to men at pre- and post-release stages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, screen and train volunteer mentors within the community to mentor men during pre and post releases stages of incarceration.
- Co-facilitate group mentoring sessions inside specific Department of Corrections facilities (Lewis, Florence, Tucson) on a weekly basis.
- Facilitate workshops and family engagement activities.
- Provide regular updates and reports as needed to the Program Director.
- Participate in regular staff meetings, Mentor meetings and required staff trainings.
- Enter data on a regular basis to include: intake information, assessments, transitional plans and case notes in case management system.
- Additional duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associates/Bachelor’s Degree and experience in restorative justice, victim advocacy, offender services or related experience.
- Must be able to pass background check through the DOC badging process.
- Be willing to work with the prison population
- Valid Driver’s License, auto insurance and have reliable transportation
- Can use a computer and can send emails.
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer literacy
Number of Hours Worked per week
35hours Rate of Pay
$14.50 per hour